We have multiple clients seeking Senior Mechanical Design Engineers in Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas-Fort Worth. We do also have other locations. Some roles are virtual, others are hybrid, others are in the office. We'll clarify your preference when we talk.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience with designing HVAC systems, chillers, boilers, air handlers, variable speed drives, motors, etc.
- Strong understanding of mechanical system design, specifically regarding large HVAC systems
- Ability to provide design and engineering support for central plant upgrades.
- Identify and develop cost savings opportunities and capital upgrades relating to lighting, mechanical and electrical systems, energy management systems, water consuming equipment and fixtures, and the building envelope
- Create formal documentation, including memorandums, reports, status reports, etc., which are routine deliverables
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
- Professional Certification, (PE, CEM, CEA, CLEP, etc.) strongly preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Possess highly developed interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
- Well versed in the government contracting process and/or government sales cycle
- Knowledge and experience with building simulation tools such as Visual DOE, Trane Trace, Carrier E20, eQuest, etc. are a plus