Sets the standards and directs designing and engineering tasks to ensure system is complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practices and per contract. Develops plans, specifications and inspection reports to ensure items are complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practice and conducting engineering projects through all phases of development by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Directs and provides design of fire sprinkler systems, including hydraulic analysis, drawings and specifications for systems in commercial buildings.
- Directs and provides design of fire alarm systems to produce bid and construction documents including drawings and specifications.
- Interfaces and provides direction to CAD/Design staff to produce permit documents in 3 Dimensions using AutoCAD CAD MEP or Revit. Requires a working knowledge of the International Code Council codes and National Fire Protection Association Standards and Guidelines. Requires the development of a working knowledge of local codes in multiple jurisdictions across the western United States to support specific project efforts.
- Creates smoke removal and rational analysis reports.
- Acts as a technical advisor for developing and maintaining company standard specifications for fire and life safety systems.
- Assists in the development of additional markets in the field of fire sciences, fire protection and prevention.
- Stays current with industry trends by participating in seminars and training events and shares knowledge with team.
- Exhibits comprehensive of design/engineering contracts including provisions of standard forms of agreement between: Owner/Architect, Owner/Engineer, Architect/Engineer, etc.
- Provides mentoring and training to staff members.
- Functional: Provides leadership by functioning as a sought-after technical and project-procedures information resource.
- Supervisory: Provides leadership by utilization of exceptional motivational skills and the ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with subordinates.