View all jobs
Business Development - Data CentersOpen, US
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Business Development Executive – Data Centers
- Gain introductions to prospective clients.
- Perception as the "go to" person for clients. Clients want to talk with this person because they will get results and have a good rapport.
- Lead successful first calls, RFP interviews, and requirements meetings.
- Discuss and understand client requirements and solutions with engineers and other subject matter experts.
- Help clients navigate complex financial and technical solutions with superior critical thinking skills.
- Qualify/disqualify clients for
- Provide proactive, engaging, and astute conversations during phone or personal meetings with clients to make win-win decisions on the spot without dependency of senior staff.
- Articulate orally and in writing key differentiators in their own words and based on the client and the competitors involved in the opportunity.
- Explain and confidently advocate for company pricing and value.
- Attend trade shows and arrange booth space for marketing and business development shows.
- Understand basic data center systems and ability to improve these systems.
- Master all sales processes for all offerings
- Motivate internal resources to provide technical support on sales when needed.
- Inform operations about promised objectives.
- Help business development directors establish market direction and strategic goals.
- Understand and adopt mission and cultural initiatives
- Maintain a culture where service (internal and external) is central to all activities.
- Write, present, and own team and personal goals.
- Be a team member working towards common company strategic goals
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least seven (7) years experience in data centers and sales.
- Background and/or contacts in the telecommunications industry
- Active relationships with data center operators, preferably in the telecommunications industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Orderly thinking and ability to prioritize and produce on concurrent projects.
- Strong leadership skills to own and lead all aspects of the business development process.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams.
- Data center management and/or operations experience.
- Familiarity with Smartsheets.
- Track record with industry trade associations