Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Generate sales for Audio Visual, Unified Communications, and Meeting Solutions through developing and maintaining client relationships and expanding the company’s current client base.
- Identify sales prospects within the state of California and provide accurate forecasts and activity reports to management
- Analyze cross-selling and up-selling opportunities ensuring that all company products and services have been thoroughly presented and the sales cycle successfully executed
- Exhibit a consultative sales approach to determine a customer’s visual collaboration needs.
- Develop price quotations and bid responses that are complete, accurate, and profitable.
- Prepare contracts and pricing strategies for targets accounts and submit all required documentation
- Work with the installation team to ensure a smooth transition from sale to installation
- Responsible for developing and executing quarterly sales plans to expand existing client base and generate new business to meet established quota
- Attend and participate in weekly office sales meetings
- Meet or exceed aggressive monthly GP quota
- Design and implement focused prospecting tools such as webinars, seminars, and email campaigns to increase sales and expand our customer base in the designated territory
- Establish professional relationships with manufacturer sales and sales engineering personnel.
- Actively use internal databases to complete client contact information, provide detailed notes and track pending activities
- Follow up on leads within 24 hours of client inquiry
- Represent company at technological briefings and trade shows as assigned
- Participate in training and professional development activities as prescribed by management
- Monitor non-installed product commissions on a weekly basis to ensure timely completion by the end of the month
Other duties assigned as needed
Skills And Abilities
Education And/or Experience
- Ability to understand, present and demonstrate visual collaboration products and services to end user customers
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive matters with discretion
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must have clear and professional communication skills (written and oral) both internally and externally
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients, and colleagues and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent
- A four-year degree is preferred
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience of direct selling in the AV/VTC area is preferred, but NOT required