PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Assume the role of technical subject matter expert throughout the sales process. Focus on expanding project scopes beyond traditional measures striving to integrate the Distributed Energy product suite and/or commodity supply into the final project scope.
• Collaborate with the Business Development Manager and cross functional teams to assess and qualify the technical and financial feasibility of each project engagement and in the development and execution of a pursuit, engagement, and capture strategy.
• Actively participate in the development, completion and submission of all project deliverables and submittals leading to contract award, including but not limited to ownership of Preliminary Assessments, Procurement Responses, Investment Grade Audits, and Implementation Contracts.
• Establish and summarize the technical needs and engagement requirements of the customer identifying potential solutions.
• Maintain a detailed understanding of applicable enabling legislation and procurement policies related to energy conservation and sustainability projects.
• Coordinate all requests for customer information, facility access and site visits.
• Assume the role of technical expert clearly articulating how our proposed solution will address customer needs.
• Evaluate utility profiles and facility infrastructure to quantify the estimated magnitude and feasibility of a given pursuit.
• Perform initial facility and infrastructure assessments; identify potential Energy Conservation Measures while in turn quantifying the projected savings and investment.
• Actively identify and research existing as well as evolving energy conservation and distributed energy technologies for applicability and economic impact.
• Effectively engage cross functional teams to develop a project-based responsibility matrix, required deliverables and associated timelines.
• Initiate the identification and internal qualification effort of potential strategic partners.
• As required, maintain the accuracy of all project opportunities within the CRM.
• Provide technical support for all Business Development Manager led customer presentations.
• Support Business Development Manager in the development of all qualification based / interest-based responses (RFQ, LOI, NOO, etc.)
• Lead all internal progress review meetings as required by project deliverables.
• Provide quality control review of all deliverables, ensure that adequate time is allowed for peer and manager’s review of the final deliverable prior to being printed and delivered to the client.
• Lead all internal project review meetings. Coordinate activities related to legal review of documentation and financing procurement.
• Upon contract award, finalize booking document package; ensure booking package compliance with required documents; circulate for required approvals.
• At Preliminary Assessment (PA) and IGA phases, coordinate with E&C and other business units for project support as needed, based on assessment of opportunities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or an equivalent technical degree
• Three (3) years or more of experience identifying and quantifying energy efficiency opportunities
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and related computer software
• Significant travel (30% or more)
• Ability to obtain all required security clearances.
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
• Professional Engineer (PE)
• LEED accredited professional; Certified Energy Auditor (CEA)
• Prior experience developing energy efficiency projects under Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC), HUD ESPC, Utility Energy Savings Contract, and/or GSA Schedule 84 Contract programs
• Two (2) years or more of experience in a Technical Sales role