Sr. Energy Engineer
Position is responsible for engineering development of energy conservation measures for Performance Contracts (ESPC). Seeking an experienced energy engineer to conduct energy audits in large commercial and institutional facilities including schools and universities. Under limited supervision, this person will identify and quantify energy conservation opportunities associated with HVAC, EMS, Building Shell, and heating and cooling systems. Responsibilities include site investigations, performing energy savings calculations, developing cost estimates and written descriptions of energy conservation measures in support of ESPC proposals and technical audits.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform comprehensive energy audits for commercial, institutional, and government customers.
- Identify and develop cost savings opportunities and capital upgrades relating to lighting, mechanical and electrical systems, energy management systems, water consuming equipment and fixtures, and the building envelope.
- Must have good knowledge of HVAC, chillers, boilers, air handlers, variable speed drives, motors, etc. Need to have a working knowledge of HVAC design.
- Prepare budgetary cost estimates and technical reports.
- Develop detailed scopes of work for the cost savings opportunities and capital upgrades.
- Assist in all stages of the development process through technical presentations of the proposed projects.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Professional registration and/or CEM preferred
- Ideal candidates will have extensive knowledge of energy-efficient technologies, their application and energy auditing; familiarity with the use of standard energy engineering software, measurement and verification of savings for performance contracts, and project cost accounting and estimating as well as general experience with design, construction, and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge and experience with building simulation tools such as Visual DOE, Trace, Carrier E20, eQuest, etc. are a plus
- Knowledge of water conservation technologies is a plus
- Must have a valid drivers’ license in state of residence and be able to travel, as required.