We have a client seeking Senior Mechanical Design Engineers in Tampa, FL. We do also have design engineer roles in other locations throughout the US. Some roles are virtual, others are hybrid, others are in the office. We'll clarify your preference when we talk.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong understanding of mechanical system design.
- Ability to provide design and engineering support for central plant upgrades.
- Identify and develop cost savings opportunities and capital upgrades relating to lighting, mechanical and electrical systems, energy management systems, water consuming equipment and fixtures, and the building envelope
- Create formal documentation, including memorandums, reports, status reports, etc., which are routine deliverables
- Must have good knowledge of HVAC, chillers, boilers, air handlers, variable speed drives, motors, etc. Need to have a working knowledge of HVAC design
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering
- Professional Certification, (PE, CEM, CEA, CLEP, etc.)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Possess highly developed interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
- Well versed in the government contracting process and/or government sales cycle.
- Knowledge and experience with building simulation tools such as Visual DOE, Trace, Carrier E20, eQuest, etc. are a plus