The District General Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of the field service office in Pittsburgh and an office in Maryland. This role will provide direct leadership to the Office Manager, Operations Manager, and to the Service Sales Executives. The District Manager also has full financial and P&L responsibility to ensure the revenue and profit objectives of the service office are met. This role will have direct oversite to ensuring customer expectations are also met. This leader will drive district growth activity to meet annual plan quotas focused on operating income, revenue, maintenance agreements.
What you will do:
- Develop business plans, strategies and objectives to ensure quotas and financial plans are met or exceeded.
- Develop plans and align work and resources so that customer needs, contractual obligations, and service work is completed within appropriate timeframes and meets quality expectations.
- Manage district P&L and deliver on financial goals (revenue and operating income)
- Lead Sales Executives and fulfillment team maturity enabling growth in service and repair, complex turnkey, building automation and energy solution projects.
- Build and maintain rapport with internal and external business partners, including, Manufacturer's Reps, Equipment Sales Managers, National Accounts team, Solutions team to ensure sales objectives are communicated and achieved.
- Drive implementation of Daikin culture, including prioritization of safety and People-Centered Management, for the district.
- Provide leadership for service team, including Service Coordinators, Service Sales Representatives and Technicians.
- Coach and develop employees in order to maximize performance and potential.
- Manage performance through recognition, regular feedback, performance reviews and/or corrective action.
- Recruit, interview, hire and ensure that training is provided for new employees. Ensure that on-going training and skill development is encouraged and provided for all employees.
- Include staff in planning and decision-making, and foster quality and process improvement focus on others. Take responsibility for team members' activities.
- Solicit and apply customer feedback (internal and external).
- Improve processes, products and services.
- Manage company assets and inventory to ensure proper cost control and operational efficiency.
- Ensure that the local office is compliant with all federal, state and local legal regulations and statutes, including prevailing wage, legal posting requirements, and safety regulations.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- 7 years related experience and/or training, preferably in commercial HVAC service industry
- 5+ years people management experience
- Leadership experience in Service, Sales, and Operations
- Previous experience working with financial statements and managing P&L in excess of $5MM
- Knowledge of HVAC designs, applications, and energy saving solutions
- Demonstrated sales success
Nice to have:
- 10+ years related experience and/or training, preferably in commercial HVAC service industry
- Experience leading a team of Service Sales Representatives