Our client a leading Systems Integrator is looking for talented building automation and controls Project Engineers to join their team in the Chicagoland area.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver work completed by the Controls Engineering department and make the necessary modifications to integrate this work into the facilities this work is intended for.
- Lead and direct System Specialists/Technicians who assist in this work. This includes direction of low voltage electrical sub-contractors and other construction partners involved in the installation, configuration and startup of controls systems.
- Customer facing activity associated with the scheduling and coordination of work with other construction and building owner partners.
- Work with and be accountable to Project Managers managing a portfolio of projects.
- Debugging programs and troubleshooting operating issues to deliver fully working systems.
- Making modifications to programs, graphics and enterprise software configurations.
- Overseeing system checkouts, startup and commissioning.
- Coordinating as-built documentation and providing owner instruction and turnover.
- Set up and commission communication interfaces into disparate systems so as to integrate multiple systems into the overall building automation system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrate proficiency in the MS office suite
- 2+ years of experience performing the work noted above.
- Candidates must be US citizens and willing to live in the Chicagoland area for local assignments
- An understanding of computer operating systems including MS Office Suite of products.
- The ability to configure and debug basic computer and networking problems.
- Experience with programming.
- A clear ability to work with electronic equipment such as volt meters, amp meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- The ability to troubleshoot basic electric and electronic circuitry including reading and interpreting electrical and electronic diagrams.
- A working understanding of AC power circuitry including breakers, multi-phase power, etc. (120VAC and greater)
- A thorough understanding of HVAC operations within a facility.
- A very deep understanding of the controls or special systems that control buildings. They also understand the other systems involved in the mechanical and electrical portions of building controls.
- The experience to provide extensive integration support for a multitude of building systems.
- Experience with a wide variety of controls manufacturers’ systems such as JCI, Siemens, ALC, Trane, Alerton to name a few
- Experience with BACnet, LON, Modbus and other communication protocols
- Competitive target base salary
- Healthcare Benefits/Retirement Plan