A well established mechanical contractor in Central Rhode Island is looking for a Lead Estimator to run their commercial mechanical/plumbing estimation department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand HVAC design principles.
- Review and comprehend technical and administrative documents such as Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Quotes (RFQs).
- Determine work crews and production rates for the performance of required tasks.
- Read equipment schedules and fabrication standards and incorporate information to complete the bid package.
- Utilizes blueprints and specifications and knowledge of the construction industry to analyze project needs and compile cost estimates.
- Responsible for creating detailed preliminary and final proposals including scope definition, exception, and exclusions.
- Responsible for identifying possible cost-saving opportunities and/or risk items.
- Negotiating prices with vendors/sub-contractors and materials through quotations for materials/services.
- Reviews all bidding documents and establish a complete understanding of the scope of work being bid.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor's degree or technical degree in appropriate field preferred
- Demonstrate proficiency in the MS Office suite
- 5+ years of commercial/industrial mechanical estimating experience