Senior Electrical Engineer
This firm is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer with ten or more years of experience in Consulting Engineering. This candidate must have a strong and innovative technical background in Electrical Engineering. This position will work with a team of engineers to design the electrical aspects of energy efficient buildings for various clients as well as complex infrastructure projects. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who thrives on helping our team and clients be successful.
The position is responsible for designing and overseeing the electrical systems, power distribution, lighting and lighting controls, emergency power, UPS, and renewable energy systems, etc. all for the purpose of bidding and construction for various projects. This candidate will be involved and lead all phases of the project. We are seeking candidates who have proven experience with project management and business development as well.
- 10+ years of experience
- Experience with Revit/AutoCAD
- Experience in MEP Design
Additional duties of the position are as follows and not limited to:
- Attend meetings with owners, clients, or architects. Lead and guide meetings as needed.
- Provides guidance to staff engineers as to the appropriate energy efficient designs to be implemented in various projects.
- Evaluate, select and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Read and interpret technical drawings and schematics.
- Confer with other engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals specification, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Research, design, and evaluate products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, apply knowledge of engineering principles.
- Review contractor submittals (shop drawings, etc.) to determine conformance with contract documents.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on client problems and needs.
- Zero Energy
- Power Distribution
- Design & Construction
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering