POSITION: PROJECT ENGINEER
LOCATION: SAN JOSE, CA
As a Project Engineer, you will spend a fair amount of time in the field leveraging design expertise to move installation projects forward. You will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects. Success in this role will depend upon creativity and self-motivation as well as the ability to establish and maintain relationships with diverse external clients as well as internal customers at all levels of the organization. Project Engineers contribute to multiple projects of varying scope, complexity, and duration. Each project is unique, and will present new challenges and opportunities for professional growth.
- Completing preliminary designs, proposal data, and costs.
- Collaborating with the Purchasing Department regarding price, delivery, and other specifications for purchased items.
- Coordinating installation procedures among Engineering, Construction, and other departments.
- Supervising jobs onsite as required including leveraging design expertise to solve operational problems.
- Assisting in writing letters, memos, contracts, change orders, and other documents related to the project.
- Forecasting and tracking labor, material and equipment costs.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Managers or Engineering leadership.
- BS in Engineering; Mechanical strongly preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in estimating, design, and completion of HVAC and/or Plumbing projects, ideally including some field/construction site experience
- Solid organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to listen proactively
Outstanding benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending and dependent care account options, 401K, education, paid vacation and holidays.