The Maintenance Sales Representative's main objective is to drive personal and company revenue growth through new sales & business development. This is done through prospecting potential customers, cold call activities, and meeting with decision makers of a commercial facilities to understand their needs and discuss technical solutions that will save them money on their owning and operating costs. The ideal candidate has a natural desire to succeed, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has demonstrated success in consultative selling through building genuine business relationships.
While HVAC experience is a plus, successful sales reps from various industries focused on selling intangible business solutions to commercial customers such as copier, elevator, and fire & security, have easily made the transition to HVAC maintenance sales.
- Proactively "hunt" for new business by prospecting, cold call activities, networking, and lead generation & qualification.
- Partner with customers to coauthor unique and outside-the-box solutions to uncover hidden profits in their HVAC systems.
- Develop pricing and proposal options for service and planned maintenance agreements and assist the partners in budgeting for future.
- Set and conduct a minimum of 5 first appointments with existing building owners/decisions makers weekly.
- Develop and maintain strong business partnerships with the purpose of gaining the client's trust, meeting their objectives, and delivering value added services.
- Perform site surveys and pricing.
- Maintain reporting of leads, in-progress active prospects and sales forecast in Salesforce.
- Provide regular updates of sales call planning, upcoming schedules and customer follow up
- Build financial and life cycle analyses to quantify value from the customer's perspective.
- Generate and deliver impactful proposals that lead to signed contracts.
- Leadership of your customer engagements along with the desire, ability, and skills to manage the entire sales cycle.
- Participate in sales and industry training, and converting that training to sales results.
- Coordinate with operations in the branch location to ensure the customer's needs are achieved.
- Track all sales activities in Salesforce.com.
- Assist the project management team in the negotiations with suppliers on both technical and commercial aspects of products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, or related discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years of outside business-to-business (B2B) sales experience, preferably to end users.
- Demonstrated success in selling services or other intangible business offerings.
- Experience finding, qualifying, and closing new business primarily through cold calls and self-generated leads.
- Track record of being organized, efficient, and able to manage a high number of prospects at different stages of the sales process.
- Hunter sales mentality, goal driven and self-motivated.
- Self-disciplined, results driven, and accustomed to winning sales awards through consistent high performance.
- Leadership character along with the desire, ability, and skills to manage the entire sales cycle highly desired.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office.
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM desirable.
- Mechanical aptitude is helpful.
- A valid driver's license is required.