Project Managers are responsible for managing lighting retrofit projects throughout the entire project life cycle including project planning, initiation, execution and closure. Project Managers ensure customers have the best overall level of service to achieve the established goals associated with the scope of work for each project, and they are responsible for the management of the project profitability.
Essential Job Functions:
Skills and Abilities:
- Manage overall project accountability.
- Coordinate effective project handoff from engineering
- Plan, manage and report on projects.
- Communicate issues and corrective action reporting to customer.
- Monitor financials for the entire project.
- Negotiate labor pricing and site assignments (interim).
- Manage Labor Partners.
- Review, approve and complete, project documentation.
- Close-out projects.
- Leverage project management tools; update data and leveraging analytics.
- Track Project go-backs to ensure timely and effective completion and go-back reduction.
- Drive internal and external communication on overall project management progress for assigned projects.
- Identify and recommend incremental project resource needs to manager to address unanticipated scope or deadline changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience presenting larger scale proposals and project plans to customers.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel used for tracking and analysis.
- Able to work well in a team environment as well as individually.
- Detail-orientated, high degree of accuracy and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines and hold other accountable to deliverables.
- Financial management aptitude.
- Customer/client focused.
- Four-year degree preferred in Business, Construction Management, Engineering or Related degree or equivalent experience.
- Project management for high volume and multi-unit project situations.
- Experience bidding and managing labor partners.