District Manager - Sales and Service
The District Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of the field service office. This role will provide direct leadership to the Service Sales Representatives (SSR) and Field Service Technician teams. The District Manager also has full financial and P&L responsibility to ensure the revenue and profit objectives of the service office are met. This role will have direct oversite to ensuring customer expectations are also met. This leader will drive district growth activity to meet annual plan quotas focused on operating income, revenue, maintenance agreements.
What you will do:
- Drive district growth by executing sales strategy and business development.
- Develop business plans, strategies, and objectives to ensure quotas and financial plans are met or exceeded.
- Manage district P&L and deliver on financial goals (revenue and operating income)
- Develop plans and resources to ensure customer needs, contract obligations, and service work is completed within appropriate timeframes and meets quality expectations.
- Lead SSR and fulfillment team maturity enabling growth in service and repair, complex turnkey, building automation and energy solution projects.
- Build and maintain rapport and positive working relationships with internal and external business partners, such as Manufacturer’s Reps, Equipment Sales Managers, National Accounts team, Solutions team, to ensure sales objectives are communicated and achieved.
- Provide leadership for service team, including Service Coordinators, Service Sales Representatives, and Field Service Technicians.
- Coach and develop employees in order to maximize performance and potential.
- Manage performance through recognition, regular feedback, performance reviews and/or corrective action.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and ensure that training is provided for new employees. Ensures that on-going training and skill development is encouraged and provided for all employees.
- Drive implementation of culture, including prioritization of safety and People Centered Management, for the district.
- Ensure district meets all safety standards and metrics.
- Include staff in planning and decision-making and fosters quality and process improvement focus in others. Take responsibility for subordinates’ activities.
- Solicit and apply feedback (internal and external) to improve processes, products, and services.
- Manage company assets and inventory to ensure proper cost control and operational efficiency.
- Ensure that the local office is compliant with all federal, state, and local legal regulations and statutes, including prevailing wage, legal posting requirements, and safety regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- 7 years related experience and/or training, preferably in commercial HVAC service industry
- 5+ years people management experience
- Leadership experience in Service, Sales, and Operations
- Previous experience working with financial statements and managing P&L in excess of $5MM
- Knowledge of HVAC designs, applications, and energy saving solutions
- Demonstrated sales success
Nice to have:
- 10+ years related experience and/or training, preferably in commercial HVAC service industry
- Experience leading a team of Service Sales Representatives