Job Summary Provide services in Mechanical engineering utilizing independent judgment and action. The mechanical engineer will be responsible for the entire project cycle to include proposal phase, conceptual/schematic design, design development, construction documentation, construction administration and project completion. Develop, set, and maintain project schedules as required. Maintain an awareness of design issues and cutting edge innovations in their field. Assist other engineers with Mechanical Design issues. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be a role model and teacher for other engineers in the company.
Develop solutions to solve our customer’s Mission Critical mechanical concerns.
Identify scope, schedule, and budget for mechanical design projects.
Manage design projects including coordination of multi-disciplinary teams.
Manage customer expectations on your assigned projects, including timely response to questions and issues.
Oversee the work of other engineers and designers to meet project deadlines.
Mentor other Mechanical Engineers on the team.
Create designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic and working drawings, develop details and edit specifications for exceptionally reliable mechanical system solutions.
Write or contribute to the creation of quotations for mechanical design or Turnkey services.
Create and update documentation directly, when needed, using AutoCAD software. Revit experience is a plus.
Provide field support during installation, testing and start-up of mechanical components in the field,
Work with construction project management to develop overall schedules and manage time and tasks for mechanical work.
Understand Sequences of Operations (SOO) for mechanical systems; develop them when required for a project.
Assist with the commissioning of project systems including development of test scripts and active test participation.
Pursue professional development through training, solicit feedback on personal performance and utilize constructive criticism towards improvement
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local building codes and safety laws. Work requires advanced math skills, spatial relationship abilities, and the ability to understand “abstract” principles behind math and physics.
Requires registration as a Professional Engineer.
Work requires travel to meetings, site visits, and inspections. This requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license.
Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and weeks that can exceed 40 hours depending on the existing work load and customer requirements.
Ability to understand and communicate complex design issues in the Mechanical Engineering field to others.
Working Conditions Working conditions are typically normal for an office environment 90% of the time, site visits and travel remaining 10%. Position may require evening or weekend work a few times per year, per the client’s requirements.