Regional Sales Manager
Our client is a leading provider of specialized flooring products and surface technologies. They place an emphasis on keeping individuals safe from slips and falls in a variety of different environments. This growing firm manufactures their products in the U.S. and helps it customers avoid 90% of slips and falls.
Regional Sales Manager
Opportunities available for:
Remote-based in Southeast United States
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM)
will be responsible for growing annual revenue and meeting and exceeding annual sales quotas by building new relationships and growing existing accounts across regional geographical areas along with assigned “National” or “Key” account responsibility. The RSM will interface throughout the organization of company clients, from purchasing, safety and engineering personnel to the C-suite. The RSM has the responsibility to achieve sustainable growth of our clients while managing complex relationships, articulating a clear vision as well as generating enthusiasm. The RSM will be engineered-solutions focused and have a proven record of exceeding quotas.
The RSM position will work directly with clients to manage customer needs and coordinate team responses. They will also support, and in some instances lead, portions of RFI, RFQ, RFP responses. This position may eventually lead the team of regional sales managers within the assigned vertical market as part of the regional sales team.
The RSM will provide leadership and drive business development growth by enabling the dissemination of critical deliverables to the field and supporting/tracking the successful development and delivery of growth programs. This position will have responsibility to work with internal and external resources for developing and managing the internal pipeline, act as liaison for various program delivery with marketing and vertical markets, tracking program results through both internal and external channels, purchase order processing and proposal development. The RSM will be technically proficient and knowledgeable with drawings and have the ability to assist in drawings for quotes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 50-75% travel expected within your designated geographic region.
- Manage the development and delivery of regional sales accounts and services, offer collateral and deliverables for programmatic work and provide ongoing updates to process documentation.
- Develop a process to track progress of team program development work and report on the timely completion of key milestones and business results including sales pipeline management metrics and revenue growth.
- Identify best practices and process improvements to support the successful delivery of assigned programs including training to support sales growth and project delivery improvements.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with territory teams, rep offices and other key stakeholders.
- Participate in developing internal statistical reporting on business development programs.
- Ability to internalize corporate strategies to achieve organizational goals, understand organization's strengths and weaknesses, analyzes market and competition, and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Possess a basic understanding of the engineering principles associated with the design and operation of complex manufacturing systems - expected to quickly develop a working knowledge of the products and services that the firm offers.
- Work with the leadership team and broader organization from time to time with regional sales tracking, escalation processes and product interface.
- Provide regular funnel/pipeline review inputs to director of sales and periodic updates regarding research projects relative to market and business strategy and opportunities.
- Engage as necessary providing activity, e.g., meetings, visits, legal matters, etc., related to regional sales business activity.
- Act as company interface with appropriate company functions/groups, e.g., Sales Development, Outside Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Technical Services, Operations, etc., for all activity related to major accounts.