Our client is an established full-service design-build mechanical contractor that is currently seeking a Plumbing Estimator to join their growing team within the Albuquerque market.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read, interpret and understand plans, drawings and specifications at an expert level.
- Perform quantity survey for plumbing and the associated insulation related to plumbing trades.
- Knowledge of and interconnection between plumbing and HVAC systems that stems from prior experience.
- Identify risks inherent to a project to due to location, specific building type or construction, or any stringent specification, quality control, or safety requirements.
- Analyze and accurately estimate cost of construction material and labor for new facilities, retrofit projects, and fabrication projects.
- Ability to run an independent assessment of an estimate’s accuracy (upon completion of the estimate and summarization of all detailed man-hours, material, construction and costs) with the Director of Pre-Construction prior to bid day.
- Solicit, analyze, and select subcontractor / vendor proposals related to the trade discipline.
- Develop estimates and proposals for projects in the following sectors: general commercial & institutional, higher education, health care, military, industrial manufacturing, food manufacturing, and research laboratories.
- Manage time efficiently & ensure the orderly flow of project assignments (minimum of 3-4 simultaneously) keeping with deadlines, schedules and within manpower budgets.
- Maintain organized and detailed files for back-up of estimate values..
- Communicate effectively with clients, designers, and vendors during the course of a bid cycle.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering/Construction
- Proficient in MS excel and MS Outlook
- Proficient in estimating software, particularly Quick Pen.
- 4+ years of onsite / industry experience
- Ability to work and travel to and from site
- Competitive compensation package
- Healthcare Benefits/Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation/Sick/Holidays
- Company Vehicle Plan
- Relocation Assistance Available