• Deliver on revenue targets for new business and upsells by executing the company’s philosophical principle (being the best in the world at what we do) during every phase of the direct sales cycle:
o Lead generation & CRM account documentation
o Initial outreaches
o Needs analysis meetings
o Presentation preparation, packaging & pricing
o Proposal presentations on approved gross margins
o Deal closings
o Account transitions to Operations & Client Services
• Represent the company’s mission externally and internally in all forms of communication.
• Develop, in collaboration with the Chief Business Development Officer your personal, annual revenue plan that coincides with the plan for the Department & Company. The plan should cover every aspect of the sales cycle.
• Ensure best-in-class internal communication throughout the sales process and transition of the account to Operations and Client Services.
• Identify new business leads and segments for your own direct sales and for the Business Development Team.
• Maintain a best-in-class CRM system to ensure transparency and accountability against leads/customers and to utilize for weekly projections.
• Leverage company client entertaining assets to engage prospects and track return on investment from those engagement against current and future client revenue.
• Represent the company at business functions and industry conferences as needed/assigned.
• Collaborate with the Client Services Department on applicable upsell accounts to determine best approach, strategy, positioning, etc.
• Demonstrate complete knowledge and understanding of all industry products/services and how to articulate the value of such products externally and internally.
• Continue to refine your sales skills via company and personal education.
• Operate within company budget guidelines.
• Minimum three years of experience in direct sales.
• Working knowledge of the solar and renewable energy industry
• Demonstrate high business acumen across multiple industries, and the energy industry in particular.
• Experience and success in building relationships.
• Handle multiple tasks, prioritize goals, and create a sense of urgency.
• Able to work evenings/weekends and to travel and estimated fifty percent (50%) of the time.
• Reinforce positive team culture within Business Development Department and Company.
• Track record of demonstrating the company’s mission.
• Able to engage with C-level executives and ownership.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.