The Director of Sales position is responsible for establishing the sales targets to meet company revenue and profit objectives. This position is responsible for developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth in existing and new markets by hiring, developing and utilizing a strong team of sales representatives and supporting staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build, maintain and manage a successful sales team.
- Provide the sales team support and guidance on existing and new customer meetings and opportunities.
- Sales training and ongoing development of all sales personnel including assigning accounts and holding the sales team accountable for meeting sales targets and departmental goals.
- Motivate and energize the sales team to achieve revenue and customer growth goals.
- Attain or exceed profit margin, sales and revenue targets.
- Execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand customer base.
- Provide accurate forecasts of the sales team’s customers and prospects.
- Manage end-to-end sales activities with targeted accounts and contacts within the CRM.
- Understand and articulate value proposition to new and ongoing prospects and customers.
- Provide periodic reporting of customers and prospects through CRM sales and progress reports.
- Assess the competitive landscape and assist in instituting changes to the sales strategic plan in response to competitor’s changes.
- Execute strategic account plans for identified targeted accounts and any assigned marketing qualified leads.
- Coordinate and attend trade shows, networking events and customer events to attract more client sales opportunities.
- Work closely with cross-functional managers and team members to provide necessary information and support throughout the end-to-end sales process, ensuring success and profitable execution.
- Possess a high degree of competency around customer programs, projects, solutions and proposals to support and make recommendations to improve the end-to-end process internally and externally.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Strong financial and sales acumen
- Ability to energize the organization
- Demonstrate agility and manage change
- Strong strategic thinker
- Optimize execution
- Strong collaborator
- Courageous leader
- Customer service focused
- Proven problem solver and analytical aptitude
- Build and develop organizational talent
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in sales, sales support or customer services to large commercial and industrial accounts with a proven track record of customer business growth and achievement.
- 7+ years of managing a team.
- Solutions selling experience of products or services to commercial and industrial markets.
Experience Preferred/Other Qualifications:
- 5+ years F500 B2B sales experience with a demonstrated success record.
- Lighting industry experience strongly preferred.
Physical Job Requirements and Working Conditions (include if applicable):