Senior Director of Government Affairs
The Senior Director of Government Affairs of NAESCO will coordinate NAESCO advocacy activities and relationships with trade associations, environmental and consumer groups, and other organizations that are promoting energy efficiency, distributed generation, and renewable energy.
The responsibilities of the Senior Director of Government Affairs are to:
- Develop and implement, with the review and approval of the NAESCO Executive Director and the NAESCO Board of Directors Executive Committee, an advocacy program that promotes the business interests of NAESCO members, primarily supporting State and Local Government Energy Service Company business. This effort engages with Federal, State, and Local government entities, with the bulk of the effort focused on States.
- Draft comments, letters, and testimony on behalf of NAESCO in consultation with the Executive Director and the Executive Committee.
- Develop and implement, with the review and approval of the NAESCO Executive Director and the Chairman of the NAESCO Board of Directors, alliances with trade associations, environmental and consumer groups, and other organizations that are promoting energy efficiency, demand response, distributed generation, and renewable energy.
- Support the Executive Director with speaking engagements, and occasionally speak on behalf of NAESCO at conferences and workshop panels on the ESCO industry.
- Participate in NAESCO research projects and contract work, as requested by the NAESCO Executive Director after consultation with the Chairman of the NAESCO Board of Directors.
- Assist the NAESCO Executive Director, as requested, in developing an organizational strategy for NAESCO, arranging and delivering NAESCO conferences, and participating in providing NAESCO member communications (e.g., newsletters).
- Develop, implement, and maintain special programs and activities as they arise in support of the ESCO industry. Coordinate with the Executive Director to identify these special programs.
- Support and interact with staff in the general operation of the organization.