We are seeking a highly motivated ESG Programs Consultant to support our commercial real estate client sustainability and ESG programs.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing consulting and advisory firm to accelerate that transition to a low-carbon future.
This position works within our ESG Programs Team, contributing to the development and implementation of our client ESG Programs that drive improved financial and environmental building performance.
Essential Job Functions
- Support ESG data collection and benchmarking efforts for client properties, including:
- New client portfolio and acquisition onboarding
- Analyzing client ESG data and utility data
- Benchmarking in ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager®.
- Work with Data Services Team and property manages to collect and provide documentation needed for annual assurance data processes.
- Identify client properties for case studies. Contact property teams to gather information and prepare content for the case study.
- Support client participation in industry reporting initiatives, such as GRESB, UN PRI, GRI, and TCFD.
- Support the development of client Annual Sustainability/ESG/CSR reports, under the direction of management.
- Support the identification of client properties subject to benchmarking and/or building energy performance standards. Support property teams to ensure compliance with benchmarking mandates.
- Support client recognition opportunities, such as ENERGY STAR certification, ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, Green Building Certification Analysis, IREM CSP certifications. Track certifications in the database.
- Provide support to the ESG Program Manager on client and program management by contributing to accurate, on-time and on-budget high-quality deliverables
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Conduct research and investigation into industry trends, best practices, and ESG topics, as directed.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset by living and breathing our culture of continuous learning, growing, and improving.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Demonstrate strong attention to detail in your work and the work you review.
- Demonstrate sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing landscape and client needs, handle multiple time-sensitive priorities, excel in a fast-paced environment, and ability to pivot and adjust priorities and approaches.
- Ability to exercise judgement and self-prioritize assignments daily. Ability to proactively identify and communicate issues to the appropriate Manager, including how to address competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude. Ability to effectively handle challenging interpersonal situations, including co-worker and client relationships.
- Strong written communication skills with a propensity to write in a clear, concise manner to convey points effectively, creatively, and with the appropriate tone and professionalism.
- Strong verbal communication skills, including public speaking, to effectively interact with and build confidence among internal and external contacts.
- High degree of initiative, proactiveness, drive, enthusiasm, energy, and follow through.
- Some knowledge of energy, sustainability, and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices and programs.
- Advanced knowledge with online collaboration and file sharing tools, such as SharePoint and Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
- 2 – 4 years of work experience in professional services and/or a consulting environment
- Experience supporting sustainability, ESG, energy and/or decarbonization programs
- Experience in commercial real estate assets, in one or more of the following sectors is a plus: office, multifamily, retail, warehouse, senior care, medical office, and/or hospitality.
- Experience with ESG data collection and benchmarking with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager is a plus, but not required.